Vitamin D: The Sunshine Vitamin / Rona, Zoltan
Most health experts estimate that between 70 to 90 percent of North Americans are not getting enough vitamin D. This deficiency is one of the root causes of a number of dangerous chronic conditions, including cancer, heart disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetes, depression, chronic pain, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, obesity, and other serious diseases.
Sunlight is the best source of vitamin D, but in recent years people have been avoiding sun exposure for fear that it will contribute to skin cancer. However, the latest research shows that survival rates from melanoma can actually be improved with safe exposure to sunlight.
In this book, physician Zoltan Rona, a specialist in preventative medicine and natural, complementary therapies, explains:
* the role vitamin D plays in disease prevention and the restoration of health;
* why the sun is still the best source of this vitamin;
* misconceptions about the right time of day for sun exposure;
* what supplements afford the best protection;
* the pros and cons of sunscreens;
* and why the recommended dosage of vitamin D is increasing.
This information will enable you to enjoy the sunshine safely and provide a clear understanding of the powerful benefits of Vitamin D.
We Also Recommend