Sprouts: The Miracle Food
By Steve Meyerowitz
Say goodbye to pesticides and preservatives. In just one week, you can enjoy pounds of delicious young organic vegetables. Your salad bowl will come alive with tender buckwheat lettuce, hearty baby sunflower, crispy sweet pea greens, piquant radicchio, garlicky chives and much more. Watch as the exquisite beauty of the sprouts enchants your entire family. Children can't resist picking them even while they're growing. Menu ideas will develop easily from this new cuisine including salads, soups, sautees, dips, spreads, breads, vegetable loaves and dressings.
This step-by-step guide will teach you how to grow delicious indoor greens and baby vegetables in just one week from seed to salad. Includes nutrition chart, questions and answers, and resources.
This extensive volume covers some of the following topics:
- World's Most Economical & Nutritious Food
- Vertical Germination Of Seeds
- Create Your Own Sprouter
- 5 Easy Steps to Health!
- How To Set Up Your Kitchen
- A Homemade Greenhouse
- The Jar vs. The Sprout Bag
- How To Apply H2O2 on Sprouts
- Their Tastes and Growing Times
- Defining Chemical-Free
- Characteristics of Good Sprouting Seed
- Storage of Seeds
- Nutrition Information of Seeds
- Protein Content of Sprouts & Other Vegetarian Foods
- Protein Comparison Of Lettuce & Sprouts
- Vitamin Content of Sprouts
- Nutrient Content of Sprouted Seeds vs. Unsprouted Seed or Vegetable
- A Brief Glossary of the 12 Most Infamous Agricultural Chemicals
We Also Recommend